Are you interested in digital volunteering with the UN Social 500?
Would you like to help create an active, learning community around the use of social media at the UN?
Volunteer placements start with a trial month after which you should be prepared to commit to 3 months at a time.
- Digital Analyst (1.0- 3.0 hrs / month) – keeping a spreadsheet up to date of our online performance stats
- Community Moderator (0.5-1.5 hrs / month)- check that participants are individuals working for a UN agency
- UN Digital News Blogger (1.0 to 3.0 hours / month) – writing one blog post per month reviewing major UN digital initiatives from the past month, leveraging twitter activity from the UN Social 500
If you’re interested in applying for one of these volunteer positions then please contact Toby directly with a brief covering email. A resume, or link to your linkedin profile, would be helpful but is not a requirement.
The following roles currently have volunteers in place. If you are interested in being part of the support team for this role then please let Toby know.
- Social Media Coach (3.0- 6.0 hrs / mth) – creating and provide social media coaching materials tailored to the UN Social 500
- Community Profiler – (1.0-4.0 hrs /month) – writing one blog post per month about a member of the UN Social 500
- Rise Board Manager (1.0 – 3.0 hrs / month) – publish the monthly statistics report for each UN Social 500 participant using Rise (training in Rise is provided though you will need to have experience of a similar community management tool such as Meetup.com)